Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mark Ryden Inspired Pics

Mark Ryden Art Homage

I'm a fan of his work (as is most people on the grid hes the IT artist much like a handbag). Mark Ryden Crates wonderful and weird doll like images set amongst candy colours with a somewhat dark and sinister undertone.
Its this juxtaposition i think that has made them so appealing particularly in young art lovers.

Come and See More on Mark Ryden Here

blogger for the find). They Just screamed for me to have a play about. Now there is an issue with this head they only I saw these dolls heads on a previous post (i cant remember who's if you tell me id like to credit the original blog.) This is only one problem with this product. As soon as you avatar moves it looks very distorted. Still it's a new concept for SL so you get just that. I think this product is still well worth the money for taking photos and the like with.

I also had to make an all new shape with a teeny tiny head so you'll look really odd if the sculpties appears unrezzed :)

Doll Frame

This Image is rather large if you want to see more details look at my Flickr Stream
My Flickr Crap


I mainly wanted people to focus on the head. Those eyes are so haunting and by using a head like this you run into no constraints of avatar mesh issues.

The bunny and Bird are both from happy mood. A shopMariya reminded me off , seeing as she can occasionally be found touting this bunny. Happy moods textures always look so soft and whilst being a we bit pricey i think are worth investing in.

The location of the shoot was in the creators pavilion Sim and whilst not being 100% what i wanted i couldn't be arsed to build a set for it. I might revisit this project and take more photos using this head.

* Disclaimer : 1. I have modified this Photo in Photoshop not much but you might not get exactly the same results with lighting in world ect. And if you buy one loose your face lamp.

Credits

Head:
All Dolled Up
Hair: Armidi
Dress: Cupcakes

Bird: (worn as a hat) Happy Mood
Bunny : Happy Mood

(sorry for the lazy credits i cant seem to stop crashing in SL today so im going off memoery i will update them though when i can get Firefox and SL to like each other)

ttfn!

Marni - Doe Eyed Once More- Grut
xxx




5 comments:

Genevieve Lutetia said...

I love what you've done here, Marni!

I equate SL with artistic expression, rather than commerce (though that's fun!) or gossip, so using the platform to make and re-create art sounds like the perfect use of SL to me!

You might also like two of my favourite artists, Tiffany Bozic (http://www.tiffanybozic.net/index.shtml) and Joe Soren (http://joesorren.com/) - his archives appear to be down at the moment, though.

Enjoy!

Ketsy said...

This is Brilliant... I LOVE IT!
Lovely Work Marni!

Scarlett Niven said...

I love Mark Ryden! His work is truly visionary and unique. A great slide show of his work can be viewed at http://youtube.com/watch?v=jn6JVXf5Re4&feature=related

The picture came out great! Good job.

Tenshi said...

You know Marni, something tells me we could accomplish this look with your shape if you wanted. IM me.

EMChartreuse said...

I'm a big Mark Ryden fan too, so the faces at All Dolled Up totally blew my mind. I LOVE the spooky doll look! The faces are a little tricky to fit, especially on a big avatar like mine. The hair you chose works perfectly, the trick is to cover side edges so it looks like your avatar's face and not a mask. You may have seen my post on the Vampy face on my blog here: http://emchartreuse.blogspot.com/

BTW, I really love your blog! We have similar tastes and your photo compositions make me feel happy and inspired.