Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yome Shoujo




Not professing any skill in putting together an ensemble, I give you my interpretation of a neat dress I found at Yome Shoujo. One of my favourite things about SL is that I know some truly creative and bizarre people, and they challenge and tempt me to broaden my horizons and think a little differently about things. Marni's own talents and her keen appetite for things japanese mean I've been exposed to some unusual and fantastic designs, and when I came across jigi, it was too quirky to pass up.

The trick for me is that with such a busy item of clothing, what do you add to it to enhance the look without going too far and just turning it into a loud screaming mess of colour? It's easy to wear youki's designs on their own as their bright colours and wild patterns stand on their own, but here I attempted to merge the jigi dress into something you might see on the street. See what you think, pass or fail?

Visit the Yome Shoujo Main Store.

Credits:
Dress: Yome Shoujo - Jigi
Skin: Gala Phoenix - Opaline - Monarch
Hair: Tukinowaguma - Nadeshiko 3 - Brown
Vest: Armidi - Itimo Leather Vest
Necklace: Earthtones - Boho Gypsy Necklace - Mixed Cherry Woods
Shoes: Maitreya - Dune Boots - Burgundy
Ring: Kandy Kitty - Mod Love Ring
Top: Gigi Couture - Style Stripes Chiffon Blouse


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Big pass! :) Love this ensemble!

Anonymous said...

PASS...I love this..must..go..shopping AGAIN!!!

Marni Grut said...

yey! your blogging again my lovely