Wednesday, May 28, 2008

[Fashion Schizophrenic - Eccentrically Elderly]

It’s safe to say I’m a fashion schizophrenic. I hope you are to!

No this doesn’t mean I need to have medical help its just a term I like to use J. I think the harder you look you’ll find a lot of people out there with this trait. Its like when you were a child and you’d raid a dressing up box and become a princess or a witch for the afternoon. That’s the same joy I feel everyone should get from fashion. Open your closet and who are you going to be today? A Snooty Socialite? An Avant-garde Art student? A Hobo Heiress?

I decided over the new few days to document these whims of mine seeing as in SL you can do anything to become someone else. Today I decided I wanted to be Eccentrically Elderly. An odd starting choice possibly but currently in RL I feel about 60 (those who know why I hope you think this is funny: P)

Elderly and Eccentric

As you can see I’ve modded my shape a tad to add some jowls and look older. The skin aids to this a lot because of the heavy light shading on the brow and forehead. If anyone does decided to age it up I suggest only using 100% hand drawn skins as they blend better. I was finding other skins looked odd and patchy with eye bags added to my shape. Especially ones with Eye shadows stretched a bit funny

Society RL and SL defines attractiveness as youthful but I personally think there is an elegance in age. One that is killed as soon as you start to fight it. In SL I normally wear grey hair (in case you hadn’t noticed…) I always hope to carry this aging glamour through with it.

Elderly and Eccentric Full

I thought the tiny clichéd dog was necessary it’s matched my somewhat bored and snooty face. Hopefully the dog will come in handy to attack the less fashionable. A good friend mariya gave that to me and I often carry a tiny dog/pet in SL for cute factor. Given their popularity in RL (*cough* Paris Hiltons tinkerbell were is it now?) they seem to be and unofficial handbag accessory for the overly wealthy and chic. At least the Virtual versions don’t need to have there poop cleaned up after (very unglamorous in my opinion)

The hair particularly mad, was a must have when I saw it. After watching a bumble and bumble video about their recent campaign with Stephen Jones (GENUIS) I’ve really got into hats and hair being mixed together. The flower broke up my tiny bowler hat from being to harsh and the bow almost adds and 80’s flair.

Onto the credits!

What’s on Marni’s head?

Bow – Part of the Minnie set- Coif

Bowler – Derby Bowler in Grey (resize rather dramatically) – The Hat Shop

Flowers – Flower Hair Red and Pink – Slow Kitchen

And the rest……..

Hair –Colleen - Aden

Skin –spring 08 skin – Paper Couture

Eyes –Light Blue - Glanz (seriously BEST EYES)

Top (worn under coat)- G.L.A.M – Vinyl jacket and baby doll outfit (I don’t think this is for sale anymore

Jacket – Coat- E.M.A

Skirt – J’adore Skirt Venetian Red - Ireyln (thanks SL fashion Guru for blogging this yesterday I LOVE it)

Stockings – Ebony - Bettie’s 1800

Shoes –Vixen Heels- Tesla

Gloves - Full Finger red Gloves – DoMoCo

Necklace – Art Deco Necklace- House of Heart

Pet-Female Pug- Zoobys

I hope to add a new entry for each day for a few days (basically till I run out of fashion personalities).

Marni – I’m going to judge you silently because I’m old- Grut

xx



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is one hot old broad!
I love this Marni! So very creative and you embodied the perceived spirit of "eccentrically elderly" perfectly with the use of fashion and accessories. True art.

Marni Grut said...

Aww well ty!

Youve made an old things day hahaha

Nissa Nightfire said...

This is just fabulous! I'm no spring chicken, and have often thought about (in the future!) aging on the grid. I'd love to see a community of fashionable wise women! You've set a lovely example...Very nicely done :)

Marni Grut said...

Hahaha im not actuly old, albeit with denture and greying hair :) i kinda wish i was somtimes tho!

Eyva Matova said...

You're still a foxy old broad :D

Nissa Nightfire said...

marni -- I didn't mean to suggest that you were old!! but when you get there, you'll look great!

Candy Lemmon said...

I love the piled-on accessories for your batty hairstyle. You really have such an intensely creative approach to styling!

And, I appreciate the exposure to a bunch of new-to-me designers. Keep 'em coming ladies.

Scarlett Niven said...

haha...kewl...now you can be the older sis..:-)....

Marni Grut said...

<3 you scarlette hahahaha


Im sooo the spring chicken :P